- Founding of Delphi Optics GmbH in December 2007 by the physician Dr. med. Werner Eisenbeiß and the physicist Dr. rer. nat. Jörg Marotz with support of the businessman Robert Kurtius and the Mittelständische Beteiligungsgesellschaft für Wagniskapital Schleswig-Holstein, Kiel (MBG-SH)
- They founded their business, launching theier first CS-CAM.burn (objective determination of the depth of burn wounds) after long-term research and development activities in the area of spectral optical imaging-measurement techniques for medical diagnosis. Dr. Werner Eisenbeiß was the head of the burn unit at the Universitätsklinikum Schleswig-Holstein in Lübeck, Germany.
- In March 2009 the High-Tech Gründerfonds and the KSV GmbH, Norderstedt joined Delphi Optics as new associates.
- Associates: Dr. Jörg Marotz, Uta Eisenbeiß, Robert Kurtius, MBG-SH, High-Tech Gründerfonds, KSV GmbH
- CEO: Dr. Jörg Marotz
- Currently a final evaluation phase is ongoing using the second prototype series of the CS-CAM.burn. Various leading burn units in Germany and Austria are taking part in trials of this camera.
- The initial product, CS-CAM.burn, is scheduled to come on the market during the first quarter of 2012
- Prospects: The new technique has the protential for fast adaptation and expansion towards objective classification and documentation of other wound types, based on the initial product